Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Cold Spray

Inspirational song: I Melt With You (Modern English)

This heat just isn't funny anymore, y'all. Today at Rotary, one of the people I was sitting with said they like the heat much more than when it is bitter cold. I just shook my head and said no, I much prefer the cold. I don't necessarily want to be outside for long in either of them, but it's a whole lot easier to bundle up between the house and the car or between houses, than to scorch myself on a hot steering wheel or stagger across a sweltering parking lot. And I definitely did that last thing too much today. I gave a good friend a ride to and from Rotary, and we detoured on the way home to a couple places, a store and a coffee shop. They were maybe a hundred yards apart, on opposite sides of a parking lot, and I instantly regretted not just moving the car between the two.

Three times so far today, I leaned into the shower and sprayed cold water on my head until my hair was soaked. It made me comfortable enough for about an hour each time. I might be able to get away without one more drenching before bed, but only just. Whatever happened to my mild northern Colorado summers, where one could be just fine in a house with no a/c? I may have to face facts and plan on putting a new unit on the roof next year, assuming there is space not occupied by solar panels.

There are at least two more days before this heat is expected to break in my location. I know it is equally brutal all across the region. I hope all of you are finding ways to cope with the weather, in whatever form you can achieve. For me, cold water is my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment