Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Carried Away

Inspirational song: Take Off (Bob and Doug McKenzie)

Progress has occurred. We kept going on clearing out the craft/guest room, and made great strides forward. Today I doubled how much was in the donation bin, transferred it to bags and glassware to a box, and took that out to the car. My daughter and I even sorted out a bunch of costume jewelry and filled a small box with it (unfortunately not sorted well). We raced over to the donation site, only to miss our window by two minutes. The gate was closed, and one of the two other people there with the same bad luck just dropped a couple bags on the landing. (You're not supposed to do that.) I guess that means I need to think out a few dresser drawers tomorrow afternoon and try again.

We began to take apart the daybed first thing this morning. Not long after that we hit a major snag. When I made this thing years ago, I used a pocket jig on the frame, and assembled it with square-drive screws. All work ceased until the Mr was ready to walk over to the hardware store for more bits and an extender piece for his drill. And even then we were unable to go on. The square drive bit in the set he bought didn't fit these screws. I'm really not sure what happens from here. We are going to be busy for the next couple days, so unless he goes in with his coffee first thing, it won't be done until later in the weekend. Not sure whether my new bed will arrive when the Home Depot said it will. If it is delayed a few days, then I'm okay with that, after this difficulty.

It was a whole lot of fun playing with the baby while we sorted donations and made dinner, but wow, did it take it out of me. Stamina is a thing of the past now. We went next door after dinner for our regular game night, and I didn't last an hour. I was so tired I was panicky. I had to leave while I could still walk the short distance between houses. I was in bed by 8:30, and I have to hope I recover enough energy for tomorrow. There is a trainer I really want to meet at our sales meeting, and I need to be on my game. Time for some beauty sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment