Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Love This Stage

Inspirational song: Ready to Run (The Chicks)

I folded up the rocket car baby walker and put it in the garage for storage. We have moved on past that stage and don't need it anymore. It is now more valuable to have empty floor space where the toddler can toddle freely. She does it so well, too.

The girls came over briefly this afternoon, for me to cash in on the one thing I asked for this last mother's day. I wanted assistance creating a full carload of stuff to go to the donation drop-off, plus I wanted help loading the car and actually getting it to the thrift shop. So while grandpa cuddled the baby, my daughter and I started in on the piles of debris in my craft room. Some stuff is just moved around to other rooms until the bed is replaced on Thursday (if the package tracking is accurate), but we really did make progress. Trash was tossed, laundry was processed, and the large donation bin is full to overflowing. I can see a lot more floor than I could this morning. I even swept it. We might be halfway through, or almost there. I hope to reach the stage of disassembling the old bed by tomorrow before game night.

Once we were all pooped and ready to sit and rehydrate, the Grump had all kinds of energy to be cute. Not only does she walk like a champ, she has learned how cute it is to drag a soft blanket around with her, to alternately drape it like a shawl, cover her head for peekaboo, or pile it on the floor to flop on. She hasn't yet settled on a single blanket as a favorite security item. She likes them all, and trades them out freely. I know I say this every few weeks, but man, I love this age.

No comments:

Post a Comment