Thursday, June 10, 2021

Good Fences Make Good Dogs

Inspirational song: Strawberry Fields Forever (The Beatles)

For the first time since we bought this property, our strawberry plants are both well-established and well-protected by a fence. I went out for the first harvest of them just after sunset, and I came away with more than enough berries to make a substantial serving for two people. I think it may be time for crepes again when the Mr gets back from his cabin. It's amazing the difference a good fence makes, when one lives with dogs.

Today was a long and frustrating day. What's worse, it appears to have cloned itself for tomorrow. My quarterly oncology checkup was rescheduled for tomorrow, without being communicated to me before I arrived this morning. I went over to discuss a volunteer situation, intending to see how easy it would be to decline it, and ended up with an application and appointment for an interview tomorrow. (One does not simply say no to the person who voluntold me. She is very persuasive.) And finally getting in to see the ENT in person resulted in an order for more imaging to come once insurance approves it. You know how tired I was Monday, when I was only through one day of an overwhelming week? It hasn't gotten any better.

That floofy puppy is telling me it's time to shut off the lights and hope the whole house fan can cool us off tout suite. Neither one of us is enjoying this early heat wave, and it is only getting worse over the next week. We are a little jealous that the Mr and the older dogs are spending the weekend at 10,000 feet. The air is crisper up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment