Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Midsomar Games

Inspirational song: Seventy-Six Trombones (The Music Man)

Right on time, this afternoon I got a message from the company who received my blood sample for genetic testing for my oncologist. They said it wasn't covered by insurance, and I should click the link to pay $250 to get it done. Now, that doesn't sound onerously expensive, and if I have to pay, I will. But first I contacted both my Tricare case manager and the patient navigator at the oncology clinic. Let's see how the appeal goes before we give up and shell out the cash.

I tried to keep up at game night. The regular campaign we play on this cycle (swapping every other week) is on hiatus for a month or two, so it was board game night. One friend brought a game most of us had never seen before, based on the hobby of bird-watching. It was complicated in the extreme, but the strategy was fun to learn. The owner of the game played solo, and the rest of us teamed up in family pairs. Mr S-P and I came in third out of four. It was hard, and we made a few tactical errors. I'm sure we will play again, and maybe next time we will do better.

I didn't make it all the way to the end of the game. It was super hot today, and a late evening rain made it very muggy. My energy ran out on the second to last round of play, and I walked home while I still could. I was so glad I live next door and didn't have far to go. I'm also glad my regular game group doesn't have a problem with me checking out early. It's nice having people I can be this casual around.

No comments:

Post a Comment