Sunday, February 25, 2024

AYFKM

Inspirational song: Taxman (The Beatles)

This is not a sunshine and rainbows sort of day. We sat down with TurboTax today, which is always, always a rough time. I had hoped we could handle everything online, but even after a couple of hours of misery and bickering, I still had to print out forms to send in the 1096. I hate how hard it is to figure this stuff out. But it's done, at least for the federal taxes. I went out and mailed the 1096 to the IRS, dropping it in the box outside the main post office, so they will be postmarked well before the deadline. The state stuff can wait until we are recovered from today's nastiness.

I made beans and cornbread for dinner. Even that was fighting me. By the time I sat down to eat, the beans were only barely tender, and I discovered that my cornbread hadn't fully cooked in the center. But I was tired and hungry, so I went with it. I had barely begun, when I reached for the can of Izze I had pulled out if the fridge, and started to open it. It sprayed everywhere, while I sputtered and cursed. This is the second apple flavored one from that case that has done this to me. Did someone drop the case of them and I didn't know? They sat in the garage since summer. Do they ferment? I can't even guess.

So now I'm typing on a sticky phone, my yoga pants are still wet even after toweling off, and everything smells like apple, but not in a good way. I'm just going to call this whole day a loss and try to forget it ever happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment