Thursday, February 1, 2024

So Fluffy

Inspirational song: Girl on Fire (Alicia Keys)

When someone tells you that your dog needs a bath, that could be interpreted as an insult. However, when that same person says, so I intend to scrub her down and make her fluffy again, that is something entirely different.

It has been probably a year since I was able to lift Saoirse into the tub for a bath. (She had hose-downs outside in the summer.) Once she got to 80 pounds, I was out of my weight class. Our part-time housemate was able to pick her up whole, and deposit her in the tub. She also has a commanding enough presence to convince her to stay in the tub while she scrubbed her down thoroughly with Mane and Tail (both shampoo and conditioner). I was mostly there as backup and emotional support for the dog. Once she was done, our firecracker of a housemate move on to Jackie, who has long been so spherical that she lacks good personal hygiene. Jack was harder to bathe, and I was definitely more of an active participant. And afterwards, I was in control of the brush. 

You'd think both fur kids would have been mad at us, but they seemed to have forgiven pretty easily. In fact, Jack was all too happy to take me up on the cuddles I promised. Saoirse's butt is so soft and fluffy now, I might not even mind that she sleeps upside-down in the bed, waving her backside towards my face.







No comments:

Post a Comment