Thursday, February 15, 2024

Into the Pack

Inspirational song: Boney Fingers (Hoyt Axton)

As a close observer of Saoirse's behavior and well-being, I am quickly coming to the conclusion that she is happier now that she is reunited with her biological father. She still shows an occasional flash of protectiveness if he comes up on me or a cat too quickly, but otherwise she is thrilled to be in his presence. He seems to be completely decompressed now too. He holds his ears up and forward like he is happy and curious, and he bounces and prances freely. He is still a determined cuddler. I don't expect that to change. And I am amazed that the cats don't even notice him. They act like Saoirse just split in two, and they are totally chill. We are all so fortunate.

I was pretty down most of the day, after spending four hours under brutal fluorescent lights last night. UV exposure is awful for me. I felt like I was in the sun all day. I perked up at sundown, which just reinforced my theory. How is it I've never embraced the whole vampire vibe? You'd think I would have started dressing in all Edwardian clothes, and worn heavy black lipstick by now. But nope. I'm still just as light-hearted and dorky as always.

Did I put in a photo of the pretty philodendron splendid that I am trying to train up a mosspole? I feel like I skipped it, but I'm too lazy to go back and verify. If it is a repeat, just move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment