Friday, February 2, 2024

The Search Continues

Inspirational song: Don't Stop Believin' (Journey)

The self-torture continues. This evening, while watching my usual round of plant shopping videos on YouTube, I saw some person filming at a Lowe's in Pennsylvania. She sort of skipped quickly through the Exotic Angels 4 inch pots, and misidentified at least one. One of those that she barely glanced at sure looked like a manjula pothos. Over a second one she sort of mumbled marble queen. Later she paused at mixed pots, that included the pothos in question, a tiny parlor palm, and a croton. Made no mention of what was in the pots.

So now I need to go check. This is the third state I've seen people come across them tucked into the cheap starter plants. First Florida, then Texas, now Pennsylvania. One of these days I will proudly announce Colorado has joined that list.

It's too late to go out now. Lowe's is closed. Besides, by the time I saw this video, I had disqualified myself from driving because I needed one of the top shelf painkillers. (Yesterday was rough, yo.) So I guess I'm going out early tomorrow. I'm still not holding my breath, but one day I will have it, and I can start the great mosspole race between a manjula and the global green.

No comments:

Post a Comment