Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Chaos Rock

Inspirational song: Cheesecake (Louis Armstrong)

One more successful game night in the books. I didn't think it could have been more outrageous than last session (where we had a hilarious improv latrine scene), but we might have done it. Everyone was up for launching chaos grenades. My addition was almost exactly that--my character enchanted a rock with a six-second burst of sound that mimicked a dragon flying over, shrieking and spraying a breath weapon. I threw this rock next to a skirmish where one of our party had been fomenting his own chaos, and had just been uncovered as an imposter. I kind of set off panic in the whole camp that we had infiltrated, but to be fair, the spells that created dense fog and a brief bonfire (not to mention last session's aforementioned latrine scene) didn't exactly go unnoticed either. The whole night was loud and silly, and I think the group had a good time.

I made the cheesecake I never got around to yesterday. I have long since given up relying on a recipe for these. I mostly just wing it until it looks and tastes like I think it should. Today's had a GF graham cracker crust, about half of one of those bricks of cream cheese you get from Costco, and enough eggs, sugar, and lemon to make it taste good. I should have taken a photo while it was plated up on a gold footed cake stand, with a freshly-made (homegrown) raspberry sauce on it. But once it was ready, we tucked into it with gusto. This was birthday cake number two for Mr S-P, as today was his actual birthday. Cake was as good as the company and gameplay, so I hope that means a successful birthday.

Because work schedules have changed, my daughter has dropped out of the game group, but they still came over briefly to wish grandpa a happy birthday. Val was coached to run up to him and give him birthday wishes, but once she walked in the house she forgot the plan. She joined me in the kitchen and kind of stared into space while taking off her jacket. Then as I was continuing to cook, I felt Dmitri come up and give me a hug from behind. He is really learning how to work a room. Both of them were quite charming and entertaining while they were here. They left before the game really started.

I failed to have any usable photos of my own, but look at how cute this boy looks with his bubble machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment