Friday, February 23, 2024

Cheap Date

Inspirational song: Car Wash (Rose Royce)

I am so easily amused. Holy cow. I needed to move my car out of the driveway, so the Mr could back the farm truck up to the garage and load up some heavy stuff from there. I wanted to be out and about a while, in the hopes I could just park back in my regular spot when I returned. I wandered through King Soopers, walking the entire store for just milk, soap, and blueberries. Then on the way home, I detoured through one of my absolute favorite diversions. I went to the drive-thru car wash. I can't tell you why it is so awesome, but I swear, every time those big cloth brushes slap my car, it is as good as getting a massage. It calms me and I can feel my shoulders relax. Better than a fine wine. I am a cheap date, aren't I? 

Housemate #2 and I wanted to watch the next movie in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Last week we watched the first one on Prime video, but this week it's telling me I can't watch more without subscribing to Max or renting from Amazon. Um, no. Not playing that game. We bought those discs years ago, and I'm not paying again for something I already own. I just have to figure out where it got put. I know it's here somewhere.

In a pinch, we switched to the other middle earth trilogy. She has never seen the Hobbit, and we bought the blu-ray set years ago, and never opened the second two. Not a good investment if we never got around to watching them. These are extended versions, so it is going to take some time to do it, but we have begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment