Monday, February 12, 2024

Sunny Disposition

Inspirational song: Easy (Commodores)

Integration is going surprisingly well. The other dogs and cats are occasionally foul-mouthed, but that never lasts long, and big Beinn doesn't react at all. If he does anything when someone else acts up for a second or two, he walks over to me and leans against me, waiting for pets, which he receives in abundance. He is the sweetest boy you can imagine. He deserves all the love, and thank goodness we found him and can provide it.

From what I understand, he spent a very long time at the humane society after the first rehoming. He was surrendered early on, and it took months for a foster to take him in, to get him out of a cage. The fact that he has maintained such a sweet, quiet demeanor after all he has been through is a miracle. 

I can always tell when my botox is wearing out. As the sun sets during those weeks, the afternoon light puts a coppery taste in my mouth, and I can feel the threat of a migraine. I took today very easy, knowing that I get a new round of botox for migraine on Wednesday. By game night, I should be back in full control of my brain pain. Until then, I'll let a rotating cast of cats and dogs comfort me, in quiet companionship.

No comments:

Post a Comment