Wednesday, September 18, 2024

How Shocking

Inspirational song: Live Wire (AC/DC)

Dogs had to stay outside until the Amazon driver was gone. I wasn't risking them startling him into pitching my delivery out of reach. I needed what he was bringing. I got a 24-pack of electrode patches for my TENS unit. I was so ready to try to shock my janky hip back into compliance. It didn't end up curing me, but it felt so good the entire time I was getting electrocuted, and it relaxed me so much I probably slept off and on for two hours. (The off parts were every time the dogs barked their brains out at the front window over stupid stuff, like vehicles driving by.) I had to replace the battery in the unit, since I hadn't touched it in a couple years. Lucky for me I keep a supply of batteries, including 9-volt for things like this. I will probably try one more round of electric shock therapy before bed, followed by another slathering of diclofenac gel. I need to get mobile soon. Homecoming Stampede is this Friday, and I need to be able to follow the parade.

I had to reschedule a doctor visit previously scheduled on the day I fly to see my parents, and they called me this morning to grab a cancelation. I went from barely awake in my robe, halfway through a cup of coffee, to clean, dressed, and two towns over in 45 minutes. So proud of my ability to panic. I didn't sit down through an entire skin check, not even waiting for the dermatologist, for fear that I'd barely be able to get back up once my adrenaline wore off. I didn't test it, but I'm pretty sure my assumption was correct. For the record, I got another perfect score. No new scary spots, not even on my calf where I noticed a red spot that stuck around for months (inflamed follicle, it seems). 

After last night's trash panda visit, Mr S-P brought in what remained from the backyard grape vines. There wasn't a lot, but it was nice to add to the small bowl of fruits we managed to harvest this year. We had four peaches, a couple nectarines, four apples from Rabbit's tree, and now a few grapes. As the yard matures, it's going to get better from here. This is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment