Thursday, September 12, 2024

Two-Fer

Inspirational song: Mama, I'm Coming Home (Ozzy Osbourne)

Efficiency is the word of the day. I'm finding ways to double my impacts, and I'm pleased with how things are working for me. Last week I made a cryptic remark, for which I was scolded by a buddy of mine, and now I can discuss what it was about. I have the opportunity in two weeks to see all four of my parents with one single trip. My dad and stepmother are going to be in Oklahoma to visit family, so by booking one flight and one rental car, I can see all of them plus my mom, stepfather and brother, in a single week. We call this "winning" where I come from. I'm starting to plan how to pack efficiently, to fit in one small suitcase, to make travel less stressful. These people all know what I look like, so I don't need to take a ton of makeup or super formal clothes. The entire schedule for entertainment is "sit and talk," so I need no other accessories to keep me busy. I admit, I did just buy a cheap pair of over-ear headphones for the plane, but that's it for gadgets I intend to take.

I ordered a couple prescription refills ahead of the trip, and Walgreens texted back a suggestion that maybe I'd like to catch up on seasonal vaccines while I was at it. Now that you mention it, large faceless corporation, you're right. I should do that before I fly. Thanks for thinking of me. The text pointed out that you can get up to four vaccines at once, so I signed up for the flu and Covid ones. I was going to ask for RSV also, but that required a prescription, and making a phone call was one step too many. I was able to get quick access to an appointment, so I'm planning on doing absolutely nothing Friday night except lying in bed, questioning my decisions.

We had a pretty good round of bedtime snaps this evening. I kept a couple of them for this space. There was a good one from this morning too. I meant to take a picture of how my hair looked once I wet styled it my way. I failed, and I've pretty much wrecked it running my hands through it and wearing my glasses on my head, as I do most of the time. There will be other opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment