Thursday, October 17, 2013

Celebration

Inspirational song: Birthday (The Beatles)

I was a little afraid I would be mopey today, having a birthday all by myself, with my kids and my man each a long plane ride away from me, in opposite directions. It turned out to be much better than that. I saw a lot of friends, I talked to a bunch of family on the phone, I went to two excellent local restaurants, and didn't waste a minute feeling sorry for myself. I could not have wished for more.

I'm going to make this pretty short tonight. I haven't taken a day off of writing extensively in weeks. I think I might settle in with a nightcap and enjoy looking at the flowers I got from mommy and from my dinner date from this evening. Tomorrow I'll be in my hot pink tshirt my dad sent from Booger Hollow (I still giggle like a seventh grader over that). I might make some notes and outline the plans I've been making--I've decided NaNoWriMo is a go, and I think I'm going to attempt to write a ghost story. We'll see if I can make one make sense by cranking it out in 30 days.

On that note, here are tonight's pictures. We can all sleep peacefully knowing that Batdog was out tonight, keeping Gotham safe...

No comments:

Post a Comment