Friday, October 4, 2013

Overheated

Inspirational song: Hot Child in the City (Nick Gilder)

This was not the best day to have turned off the air conditioner for the season. It has been wonderfully cool at night, and I have opened the windows upstairs. I tried opening a couple downstairs and going without ac today, and I wish I hadn't. I came home early from the gym because I felt like crap, and I slept on the couch this afternoon. I can't tell whether the heat of the house is what prevented me from feeling better after, or something else. I feel feverish and achy, and still every bit as grumpy as I was this morning when my workout was cut short. But I am trying to stick with my conviction that October is too late to be running the ac. I would welcome a little of that snow that hit the mountain west today to reinforce that, however.

I got a call from the restoration company today. I need to have the decisions made for the replacement flooring and wall colors by next Tuesday. I guess that means I spend tomorrow morning at a flooring showroom and picking paint chips. And it's back to looking like the older daughter's kitchen might not be pulled. That would imply the kids can stay there. That would save us a bundle of money. I am trying not to get my heart set on it, however. Every time I thought I had a handle on it while I was out there, I kept getting conflicting news. 

It is seriously too hot to be creative tonight. I have a couple cute photos to write about, and I don't know what to say. My younger daughter took my older daughter's dog to PetSmart today, and ended up leaving with a Halloween costume for my grandpuppy. She was kind enough to provide evidence for me. And while I pondered what to write about the aggressive, squirrel-tailed kitten who keeps attacking my hands and climbing inside my purse to eat my headphones, I watched a commercial with CGI squirrels who turn on a man who forced them to work, one squirrel yelling, "your tyranny ends now, filthy human!" Is that what she's thinking when begging for cuddling changes in a flash to a band-aid moment?


No comments:

Post a Comment