Sunday, October 13, 2013

Food/Not Food

Inspirational song: Dog Eat Dog (Adam and the Ants)

I think I am finally coming out the other end of a vicious 24-hour bug. That, or the furloughed food inspectors meant that last night's beef was not as good for me as it tasted. Either way, I think I am finally closer to a normal temperature again. I had felt like I was on fire since last night, and it was incredibly uncomfortable. I spent the day with more skin exposed than my swimsuit would reveal, and once again I had to turn on the ac. It was a whole lot less fun than it sounded, and not funny when my man tried to convince me it was Skype time. (It most assuredly was not--I told him he would have to adjust the color balance like on old analog TV sets, while my face swung back and forth from pink to green.) Now I just have that hungover feeling you get when you're not sick anymore, but you still don't feel like doing cartwheels.

The roaming horde of animals cut me no slack while I was warm enough to light candles with my fingertips. All night long, I was the dance floor and they were the jitterbugs. At least the dogs were willing to spend the bulk of the day outside. And for the second time in the last few days, little anole lizards decided to crawl between the windows and the screens. Both of my Minions of Chaos did everything they could to break through the glass to eat them, but neither succeeded. Poor kitties. It's a cat-can't-eat-lizard world.




No comments:

Post a Comment