Monday, January 4, 2016

All Work and No Play

Inspirational song: Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite (v. Eddie Izzard)

Break's over. Time to knuckle down and get organized. I spent all day focused on the business of real estate, and tomorrow will be no different. In fact, tomorrow might even be more concentrated. I have a lot to take care of now that I'm not thinking about holiday meals, presents, and company. I've got piles of paperwork already stacking up, and I haven't even sold my first house. If I don't get a handle on it now, I will never catch up. I resisted setting foot in the office supplies stores as long as I could. No more. I came home today with a selection of file folders, and a laser printer I got for an unbelievably good price that will be delivered in a few days. 

I spent thirty five minutes on hold waiting for someone from the state regulatory agency to pick up the phone today. I gave up at 4:55, assuming that I wasn't getting through. Is it cynical to assume the person probably left the office halfway through my hold time, wanting to beat traffic? Cynical or not, that's where I'm putting my betting money. My former classmate and I have been waiting a full month for the state to give us our license numbers, even though we show as active and employed under our broker. He called the same agency and found that the testing center never sent his scores from when he passed the test. We went to the same testing center, so I tried to call and see whether that was my problem too. No answer. I will try calling first thing in the morning.

Honestly, I was too involved with work today to take any pretty pictures. Let's see whether I can find something fun in the archives to warm me up while my current landscape is iced over. Maybe some reminders of the original Park. I wonder how it is faring these days.





No comments:

Post a Comment