Sunday, January 10, 2016

Dark Mood

Inspirational song: It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine) (R.E.M.)

This is starting to have an effect on my psyche. Definitely affecting my mood and my casual thoughts. We've been watching every episode of the Walking Dead over the last ten days, and now we've moved on to the spin off series, Fear the Walking Dead. Of the six episodes shown last week, we've got the first five recorded, and we're on the last one. It's making me grim. Hard. Cynical. I'm probably far too negative right now to write my usual look-on-the-bright-side blog. I'm starting to think like one of the preppers on whom I'd normally look down my nose. Thinking tactically about survival and choices. Periodically characters appear in this series who are still soft, able to be scared and ineffective. How long would it take before you lost that ability? I feel so relieved when those characters disappear, but would that be me? Or would I be like the ones with the thousand yard stare who have no Fs left to give? I hope I don't have to find out.

Yeah. Too negative to write. I'll watch cartoons or something tomorrow to get back on track.


No comments:

Post a Comment