Saturday, October 19, 2019

7415

Inspirational song: Photograph (Ringo Starr)

I finally solved my problem. I had it up to here (gesture) with the phone that wouldn't work, and I went to get a new one this evening. Until my car battery is either replaced or certified to be functioning, I didn't want to drive my own car, so I bummed a ride to the AT&T store with my foster daughter. She was the right person to drag with me. She knows more about phones than my other family members, and had informed opinions and solid advice. I had many questions about what would work for my needs, and she pointed me in the right direction. I think together we made the right choice.

I ended up with a Galaxy Note. I've gotten to the point where I always have to whip off my glasses to read device screens, even though I have progressive lenses, so I wanted a big honking screen on my new phone to make it easier to see. Goal achieved. I still haven't figured out half the stuff it does yet, but I'll get there. I also took advantage of my foster daughter's Amazon prime, and I have a cover, trio of charging cables, and wipe-on screen protector on the way here.

We set up the old and new phones to transfer over wi-fi at home, because the guy at the store predicted it would take at least an hour. He was off by a lot. It took three hours to get over halfway through, and then it picked up and did the rest in another hour and a half. I thought to blame the old phone for running slow, as it was doing for weeks. Then at about the three and a half hour mark, I checked the progress, and it said it was through about 5000 or so of 7415 photographs in the transfer. Oh. That would do it. Since it finished, I have done very little of the actual set up, like choosing a ring tone and logging into my older email account, but I've spent hours deleting pictures. I haven't made it through a thousand of them yet, I'm sure. This is going to take forever. It's possible that I take too many pictures. More than possible. I should go back and see what I've skipped lately and use those before I make new ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment