Thursday, October 17, 2019

I Made It

Inspirational song: Brother 52 (Fish)

It might have been the two cups of coffee with ridiculous amounts of the leftover whipped cream, and a leftover piece of cake for what counted as dessert after breakfast. It might be me getting used to the tamoxifen. It might have been the strong afternoon sunlight triggering a little bit of a migraine now that I'm months out of date for the Botox to prevent it. Or it could have been that dinner was only a couple Tylenol, a handful of unsalted mixed nuts, and a glass of wine while watching the Chiefs-Broncos game. I ended up coming home early from the game (from next door), because my head was spinning and my stomach was threatening to do flips. I'm hoping to get to sleep much earlier tonight, if not to make this go away, to make me have to experience it less.

It wasn't a big, exciting birthday for me today, but it was a lovely, mellow, zero-stress day. I was in my jammies until noon, a swimsuit for a half an hour in the hot tub, in a robe for hours this afternoon while I picked back up some crocheting, and then once I did shower and dress, I put on pajama pants to wear next door because no one judges me about it. Who could ask for more?

Tomorrow we'll go out to dinner, and maybe a movie (the Mr wants to see the Zombieland sequel, and I certainly won't refuse that). But for tonight, just being quiet and glad that after the year I had, I actually made it to this birthday is good enough for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment