Saturday, October 12, 2019

Sideways

Inspirational song: I Don’t Care Anymore (Phil Collins)

There were plenty of things that I anticipated accomplishing today. Actually getting around to them was a little tougher than I expected. I didn’t get out of the house until 3 in the afternoon, and when I did, I wore out with less physical exertion than I thought it would take. I parked in the boonies when I went to search for gluten free English muffins (failed to find, for the third time), with the reasoning that it was time to increase my steps, even a few dozen at a time. By the time I went to the second store after that, I barely made it from the car to the front of the store without getting loopy and slow. No idea why energy and pain levels have been so crappy this week. I’d like it to improve, please.

I went forward with making the green chile I’d planned, with the last of the tomatillos and peppers from the garden, harvested before the snow. I also had a giant zucchini that needed to be cooked, and with the addition of a rotisserie chicken and all the seasonings, it made for quite the dish. I took it next door, intending to share it with T while he and Mr S-P hung the new upper cabinets in his kitchen. My football team was playing a Friday night game, and I figured I’d watch that while they worked. Everything went sideways from the initiation of that plan. I kept limping off to use the back roller while I cooked, making horrible loud popping noises from my spine each time. I think I got too aggressive, because by the time I took dinner over, I had pinched several nerves and could barely sit up on the couch. I left before halftime, when it was painfully obvious my game was already lost, heading home to hope I had the energy to soak in hot water.

Not a single cabinet is hanging yet. Both guys were tired and the measurements and correct tools were eluding them. T’s mood deteriorated rapidly, and he threw in the towel right about the same time I did. After half an hour or so, I had had a muscle relaxer and T had acquired a beer, and we ended up soaking in the hot tub, talking about politics and the future. I think his stress levels went down, away from his construction-site kitchen, and my back hurt a little less in the hot water. It made it a little easier to accept that my football team suffered a humiliating defeat (and I don’t regret not watching it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment