Tuesday, October 1, 2019

First Chill

Inspirational song: This Is the Day (The The)

I wait all year for the best day possible. I knew this day had promise to be it, but it really didn’t jump up and announce itself until it was almost over. It might be as close as I get. I’ve had less success encountering the Best Day™️ these last few years. I thought it would be easier in Colorado. Nope. I just want to experience that first fall day where it’s drizzling and misty all day, never warms up to speak of, and the air smells like wood smoke and wet leaves. I don’t know whether it’s climate change or a trend away from using wood in fireplaces, but it takes forever for that day to arrive anymore. It didn’t rain enough today, and it certainly wasn’t foggy and misty enough. But it didn’t warm up over 50, despite predictions of more warmth, and it was a bit goopy when I went to the grocery store in the evening. It’ll do for now. Maybe in two or three weeks I’ll have a sequel, and it will be fireplace and hot cocoa time here.

I appear to have completely forgotten every other thing I had intended to write for this evening. I can’t even say with confidence that anything had progressed past the point of me humming a quick note to myself, thinking, “that was almost interesting.” If I’m lucky, anything actually worth sharing will come back to me. Until then, I can console myself with showing off decent pictures of the boys from when I came back with groceries.




No comments:

Post a Comment