Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Scanned

Inspirational song: A Little Good News (Anne Murray)

Having just listened to tonight’s song, when I looked it up to make sure the title was what I thought it was, I decided I kind of want to be true to the lyrics. “Not much to print today,” it goes, as she wishes for nothing negative to report. It’s like that for me now. I got a little good news, and have nothing bad to say. Might make for a shallow post, but it’s more pleasant to read about that way.

My rescheduled mammogram was this morning. It was just a diagnostic on the left one, now that we are six months out from surgery. I still get the occasional discomfort, both where the Biozorb coil is in place of the tumor and where the lymph node came out. It isn’t bad, just a bit of a sting. I was glad for the chance to get checked out, to reassure myself that I’m still going the right direction.

This was the first time I’ve had anyone put serious pressure on the breast with the implanted marker. I spoke up ahead of time to the tech, and she said it’s common to feel uncomfortable under the mammogram plates over top of it. She said to let her know the second we reached the point she had to stop mashing the plate down. It didn’t take long to hit that threshold.

They had me wait while the radiologist looked over my scans, and then they gave me the good news: all looks clear. I’m due my regular bilateral screening mammogram in a few months, but my post-treatment diagnostic was perfect.

I was tempted to take a photo of the carnival tape they adhered to the full length of the surgical scar. I had forgotten until late tonight that it was there. I ran it past the Mr, and he suggested that it might qualify as “oversharing.” Really, have I not crossed that boundary years ago? But on his advice, I never took the picture. Here’s Athena instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment