Thursday, July 1, 2021

Out and Back

Inspirational song: Brass in Pocket (The Pretenders)

When she was a small puppy, Saoirse was terrified of riding in the car. She used to cry like we were skinning her anytime we took her anywhere. Once we started going to training, she got better about it, when she figured out that car rides led to fun things. She didn't face a trip through the car wash with aplomb, but everything else was improving. Today, after weeks of being super bored by an increasingly fatigued mom, she was so ready for a trip that she was a perfect angel all the way to Estes Park and back, and even kept her cool when we encountered a strong thunderstorm on the way down the mountain. 

I was in the car a lot today. First thing this morning, we had our monthly sales meeting up in Fort Collins. We had a training presentation on a program we are a part of that will make our clients much more competitive in this cutthroat market, and give them the tools necessary to avoid the worst hassles of trading one home for another. It solves one if the dilemmas I stress over-- contingent offers. It eliminates the need for them. Where was this early in my career when I missed out on my best first chance at a listing for just this issue? 

Days like this make me feel confident in the future, even when I feel worn out in the present. It's a fair trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment