Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Camels Back

Inspirational song: Ain't That Pretty at All (Warren Zevon)

Yep, I found it. I found the absolute maximum quantity of stress I can hold at one time. I do not need one more obligation, task, or worry. I'm done. If you were thinking of asking me for a favor or unburdening yourself of a secret to me, believe me when I say Now Is Not The Time. My stress levels are like a clogged storm sewer drain and there's a flash flood warning. I am about to go through and weed out some commitments to relieve some pressure. I just hope I haven't waited too long.

Our neighbor texted tonight and said the el-cheapo airline we are flying to Vegas this weekend (because we waited too long to get reservations on a better one) has been randomly canceling flights lately. Apparently they are trying to fly a full schedule with a skeleton workforce. This doesn't work well. It's unsustainable. Lucky for them, I suspect the pool of customers is going to dry up pretty soon. I am conflicted about this. If they canceled our flight, how hard would we work to get to the wedding? Buy last minute tickets on another airline? Or cancel altogether? Drive? I would be safer from the Delta variant, which is important ahead of surgery. But I wouldn't get to see my daughter, who is also attending the wedding. In all honesty, a female Elvis impersonator officiating my friends' wedding will be cool and all, but the main reason I'm going is to see my daughter for the first time in almost two years.

I'm not going to divulge what the last straw in my stress load was. Suffice it to say that I am concerned about someone very important to me. Unless I get specific permission to talk about someone else's world, that's all you get. Don't DM me to ask, either. 

Okay, breathe deep and focus on the best stress reliever I have, who came to visit me for an hour this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment