Friday, August 20, 2021

Post-Op

Inspirational song: Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)

That feeling when you realize you just took a hospital bed selfie with the arm you aren't supposed to extend. Whoops!

I don't intend to write a whole lot. Just a note to say I am feeling fine, reasonably clear-headed but sleepy, and I am glad the decision was made to stay overnight. There are no bad issues yet, but I have had unending soreness at the drain site. Stinging, burning, and punching feelings. I definitely needed help getting up to pee, and I have discovered the absolute volume limit of my bladder. Yikes. And I'm guessing it was the radioactive dye to trace the sentinel lymph node that turned it green?

Saoirse is already misbehaving. Tomorrow's reunion will be interesting.

Before and after pictures:

2 comments:

  1. Hope recovery continues! Green Pee? Like the Chicago River on St Patrick’s Day?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that dark! That would be scary. Just kind of clear lime. The blue tracer dye is almost gone this morning. (Yay)

      Delete