Monday, August 9, 2021

One Way Ticket to Midnight

Inspirational song: Heavy Metal (Sammy Hagar)

Driving fourteen and a half hours to get to the weekend party was one thing. Having to do it all over again after partying all weekend is much less fun. It's so depressing that telling the Utah highway patrolman how far we had to go resulted in just a warning for going 11 miles over the limit. (That and pulling over immediately, so he didn't have to work to catch us, probably made him inclined to be receptive to us.)

It is hard work getting there and back, but I'm glad we went. I needed to see my oldest kiddo, for one thing. I'm gonna be nervous for days yet about possible delta exposure, but as long as I can taste and smell, I'm going to assume I'm okay. Check in with me later in the week for an update on that.

I can't stand the terrain around Las Vegas. I was never much of a desert kid, especially while we lived in it. It is too bleak for me. Once we passed through the mountainous section between Mesquite and St George, it got a little better. At least that desert vista has some color to it. In the stretch between Richfield and Green River, where it sort of looks like the surface of the moon plus some dunes, Mr S-P said this was the inspiration for the landscape in the D&D campaign he wrote. I looked at how desolate it was and just sighed. No wonder our characters have been struggling to find food as they traveled. When do we find a nice fertile agricultural hub?

No comments:

Post a Comment