Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Same Old Games

Inspirational song: Ordinary Average Guy (Joe Walsh)

Things are getting darned near back to normal around here. So fast! I'm clear-headed, mostly mobile, and ready to burn a little pent-up energy. I didn't need any painkillers until well into the evening, once I was certain I'd slightly overdone it. If the staples were already out, I might have a lot more trouble remembering not to raise my arms. The hives are still there, but I guess every silver lining has to have a gray cloud, right?

The gang was super nice to me, and came here for game night. Lucky for me, I had the wherewithal to do some dishes (but I stopped short of putting away the bowls and anything higher) and to vacuum until the battery ran out of charge. I rested a lot between bursts of cleaning, and got enough done that I felt fine letting everyone come in. (All the clearing I did ahead of time has already come in handy.) I missed having folks here. Now that our neighbor has started grad school, we might be pulling games back over here more often. I would like that. It's also convenient to have access to toddler supplies here, and the toddler herself is comfortable at grandma and grandpa's house.

Saoirse wasn't used to having so many humans in her living room, but that didn't slow her one bit. She loved having a whole bunch of adult men to play squeakie toy with, and she ate up the attention. Unfortunately, that's not all she ate. I heard a grumpy voice coming from the basement right before I started to write. The story continues in the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment