Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Not Today

Inspirational song: I Was Gonna Cancel (Kylie Minogue)

We have officially entered the canceling plans stage of prep for Friday. We were all supposed to make a trip down to the Unicorn Ranch tomorrow, to take a young friend who wants to experience it. But communication wires got crossed, and the Mr didn't get the message that "we are cleared to go this Wednesday" actually meant "we have made solid plans to go this Wednesday and [friend] is coming down from Wyoming so we can all go together." He double or triple booked his day, and then the kids dropped out for needing a day off. The folks at the ranch are in the process of preparing for a convention in Denver, so they are also super busy. Once it came down to the Mr and I using loud panicky voices at each other about who didn't communicate with whom, I recognized that it was time to take that large time obligation off our plates. Our friend understands, I think, and they're hanging out with the kids tonight and will come over to visit us tomorrow. Pretty sure crisis was averted.

I enjoy seeing the cool people at the ranch, but there is just so much going on now. The drive to Vegas detouring through southern Colorado was hard on me, and the Mr was literally just in that part of the state again last weekend for the Gambler 500 off-road rally. I'm relieved that it will be delayed. I still have so many tasks around the house to complete, and I didn't have a whole day to devote to other things.

I also made sure I clearly stated to the Rotarian in charge of the sergeant at arms schedule that I would be gone next week and on weight lifting restrictions after that. I like being part of the small setup and takedown crew, and I help even when it isn't my turn. I will feel guilt and agitation not being able to do it for the next month plus. I'm sure once I'm allowed to move my elbows, I'll be carrying around the light things, like a banner or two, and the president's gavel. I think I'm out of the business of rolling out the piano from it's storage nook for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment