Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Destination

Inspirational song: Party in the USA (Miley Cyrus)

We are all on edge about this weekend. Between Spirit canceling flights left and right, promising to "progressively reduce" the numbers of cancelations over the next few days, and the general nervousness associated with a destination wedding, our Wednesday game night has been simplified. We are sitting around, four of us watching the other four play Mario Party. I am one of the watchers. I have no brain energy for games. I can barely make heads or tails of the activity on the screen.

I had a long phone call with my case manager this morning. This one was week I was super glad to have her. She's helping me sort out why the hospital and insurance are trying to suggest I didn't have a referral for the biopsy, and that I should pay $1100 instead of my usual $61. I failed to make the follow-on call to my oncology clinic, to verify who exactly ordered the biopsy. Why is it the person with the cancer fog has to do the administrative work? That doesn't seem fair.

Assuming we do make it to the wedding destination, I did what I could to make myself more presentable. I dyed my roots, and I blended different color dyes to make a really nice red color. I'm learning how to put finger coils in my hair and get them to dry correctly. I have struggled with this before, but I won't have my styling tools in Vegas so I will need to improvise. I still have a whole day to iron and fold my linen pants for travel, buy a belt so I can skip altering the top, and maybe even give myself a pedicure for the first time since before chemo. I'm not trying to be the star of the show this weekend, just not stand out as looking like an unkempt neighbor who wandered in off the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment