Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Relief

Inspirational song: You've Got a Friend (Carole King)

Problem solved, mostly? I called the surgeon's nurse and told her the hives/rash on my torso was worse than yesterday afternoon when she first called to check on me. A good friend from Rotary offered me a ride down to their office, and I showed off my itchy midsection to the nurse. She said she and the surgeon suspect it is a reaction to the antibiotics, not to the tape or bandages, based on how much of my body it covers. I tend to agree. Nonetheless, she went around the edges of the bandaging, peeling the tape off my skin and tucking it into itself. I still have the tight velcro bra holding everything in place. She then gave me a handful of hydrocortisone cream samples to smother over it, and instructions not to take any more antibiotics.

So yay. Is this one more group of potentially life-saving drugs unavailable to me? I'm running out of options. I joked with my friend that if I lose any more classes of antibiotics, I'll be left with rinsing my mouth out with rubbing alcohol and hoping for the best. (No, I will not actually do that.) 

It was nice getting abducted by my friend for a quick dash to west Boulder. The whole visit with the nurse was over so quickly, but it was worth the trip. I owe my friend the next favor. Not sure what she will want, but I'll do it. I just hope it won't involve phone calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment