Sunday, August 15, 2021

Switches

Inspirational song: this is me trying (Taylor Swift)

I know I'm heading into a long stretch of days that will most likely result in short, uninspired blog posts while I'm recuperating from surgery. I didn't want to burn one of those skip days this early, but I kind of need one. I'm tired, anxious, sore, and I'm off all my meds save one, so I can feel my blood again. I know that doesn't mean much to most people without chronic illnesses. It means there is no square centimeter on my body without some overwhelming sensation right now, of either pain or nerve-jangling awareness. Trust me, it isn't a place I wanted to be again.

The girls came over for dinner tonight, and for Val to have a relaxing bath (while they still only have access to a shower not tub). It was nice to be distracted by cuteness, and not stew in the dread of yet another surgery in five days. Setting Val up by the microwave, so she can reach the light switch reminds me just how tiny toddlers actually are. I know I say this every week, but man, this is a fun age.

No comments:

Post a Comment