Wednesday, June 29, 2022

All Clear

Inspirational song: Hold Your Head Up (Argent)

Too bad all medical appointments don't go as well as the one I had today. This one was just cheerful and positive the whole way through. It was my periodic skin check, which is necessary after having had a basal cell carcinoma on my face several years back. I was inspected from scalp to soles, and the dermatologist was happy with everything she looked at. I had two spots of concern going in. One she reassured me was not ever going to be more than it is (a rough patch of skin that feels like a mole but isn't), and the other was indeed a tiny cyst like I thought. I assumed it could only be cut out, but she said we can try to dry it up first with Retin A, and only if that fails, go back to the surgeon who removed the little carcinoma from my nose. 

I've finally started finding the threads to pull to make my guest room usable, now that I'm going to need it a lot. In fact, I might be double-booked later in the summer, so the more space I can make, the better. I can see where some things need to go, and where some things can get combined and compressed. Still working on what I can get rid of completely. It's awful wanting to make space in a craft room, but not being emotionally able to throw out craft supplies, because I now have grandchildren. I mean, it's all I can do to not run out and get a whole bunch of construction paper, macaroni, and glitter glue to add to the chaos. The children will need to create! I just have to figure out where to store the supplies until they are old enough to get into them.

I'd like help cleaning out the debris from that space, but I have to share my handyman with his mountain over the next few days. I suppose the best way to look at it is I won't have anyone to talk me out of tossing stuff that is broken that we will never fix. If I could just get half of that stuff out of here, I'd gain a shipping container's worth of free space. Okay, maybe not that much, but it will feel like it, and that's half the battle in clutter-clearing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment