Sunday, June 5, 2022

Getting the Jobs Done

Inspirational song: Young Americans (David Bowie)

Another overly busy day is in the books. This was not your typical day of rest. Between having the grandbaby all day and trying to accomplish home maintenance here and at a friend's, we packed in a lot of activities.

The Mr has been slowly helping a friend remodel a loft in her condo. This project has taken years, between the two of them frequently getting busy with other things. We went out today to measure a spiral staircase he picked up at one of his beloved salvage yards, to see whether it fits in the tight space available. It didn't quite. So the pieces came back here for modification. While there, I was surprised as my physical therapist walked out of a condo directly below my friend's unit, to say hello to me. I had no idea she lived in the same building. It was cool to meet her family I've heard about for years. Her daughter and their friend were pretending to be cats, specifically "guard cats," so they meowed and hissed at Valerie. She thought that was pretty weird, but you know she will go through a phase where she will probably do a similar thing someday. Little kids excel at being strange goobers.

We went out to lunch and then went on to Lowe's. There were several things we needed, plus the usual assortment of "while we're here" purchases. He needed high-temp spray paint for something, which reminded me to get paint for the iron bistro set on my flower porch. That sort of thing. Naturally, there were a few plants that followed us home, but honestly, they were rescues. They were all from the clearance rack. 

I brought home exactly three tan concrete pavers. I explained that the five bucks I spent on that were worth it for the emotional lift I would get by being able to pretend my hardscaping project is actually progressing. Tomorrow I hope to make that true. At the same time, I've been pointed towards the next phase of the shade garden. I already know what I'm putting in there, and we have rocks and soil ready to go. It's up to me finding energy and the sun cooperating (by hiding behind clouds). There will be updates to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment