Thursday, June 30, 2022

Ducking

Inspirational song: Disco Duck (Rick Dees & His Cast of Idiots)

Ain't no one who loves rubber duckies like a preschooler. I don't know the science of it, but man, do little kids dig duckies. I find them all over my house, whether the toddler has a bath here or not on any given visit. One of her earliest words (other than that masterpiece "bumblebee") was duck. Thus, when I received a batch of pictures from this morning's trip to a bouncy gym, I was completely unsurprised to see a vending machine entirely full of duckies. These people know their demographic. I could just imagine Val's delight when she wandered up to the motherlode of duckies. I forgot to ask how many/which kinds she ended up getting, but surely her mommy got her one.

We non-mountain folk are on our own for a couple days while the mountain man does some serious work on his cabin. He bought a fancy new electric chainsaw that he has been dreaming of about as long as the cabin build has been underway. He has been bragging about how long the batteries last, and how much progress he is making on a log cabin-style shed for his water tank. 

While he is gone, I poured my energy (such as it is) into sorting and emptying the craft room. I dug through some boxes that had sat in the middle of the floor in there for what must have been a couple of years. I'm ashamed to say they were there so long I stopped noticing them. I tossed out a few things into the trash (more than a few), filled the donation bucket (now am only a few days behind on the one item per day goal), and reorganized some important spaces, like the closet shelf. I still have more craft supplies than I could possibly use in a lifetime, but I will have other people who can have free rein in there to create just about anything their little brains can think of. Just about everything will be fair game. 

Also, here is the current progress of the Bubblegum supertunias. The nemesia I put in the center to fill it out when it was young has been swallowed up by the petunias.

No comments:

Post a Comment