Saturday, June 25, 2022

Party Girls

Inspirational song: Splish Splash (Bobby Darrin)

It has been so many years since I was a hard partying kind of girl, I had to really stop and think tonight whether it really was a part of my past. Feels like a different person, distanced by more than half of my life. 

This evening the kids held a combo birthday party and baby shower. We were there for a couple of hours. Our job was to take the toddler back to our house at bedtime, so she could have a quiet night. We came back, watered the flowers, gave her a bubble bath, and then settled in to watch Encanto again. She stayed up to see the whole thing, when I assumed she would conk out halfway through. Papa, of course, is out cold.

I like this version of parties, cutting out early, completely sober, and no one says boo. I don't need to stay up late in a crowd anymore. I also like being the host of grandkid sleepovers. Seeing a pajama-clad kiddo smiling at me is the best thing in the world. Leave parties to the young. This is so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment