Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Back to Normal

Inspirational song: Doctor Wu (Steely Dan)

I waited too long to write. I ran out of energy. Now just staying awake is a losing battle. I hit the ground running this morning, and never slowed down until a few minutes ago. Now that I'm still, I need to be asleep. I'll be there shortly.

This week's Rotary was the special day when we go visit companies around town, while the church where we normally meet puts on vacation Bible school. This year, I chose the group who went to the local economic development organization. I zoned out a couple times during the beginning of the presentation, trying to remember the name of the economic development magazine I worked at when I was in my early 20s. Once I remembered Expansion Management, I could move on and pay attention. It was very interesting, and I intend to go poke around on their website to learn more.

On the way home, I appear to have tripped and accidentally fallen into the garden center at Lowe's. I had to pick up two more hanging baskets to create balance and symmetry with the way the front porch is set up. While there, I found one of the two large hostas I have been searching for. I found an Empress Wu. I'm still planning on getting a Sum and Substance. These two big hostas will go on either side of our maple tree, where we can't build up more of a mound (bad idea over tree roots), and then there will be a shade garden opposite the big flower berm.

We go back to the airport in the morning. This time it's the Mr's turn to travel. I'm off to bed to prepare to fight morning rush traffic. I'm already sick of that drive, and I have two trips there and back left this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment