Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Out In It

Inspirational song: Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden)

Today ended up being a whole lot, for a chick who is used to quiet, sedate days. I did a lot of running around, in a figurative and literal sense. Okay, I didn't run run, but I walked fast over a greater distance than I usually travel, along the path down by the shallow recreation ponds at the river, trying to meet up with the kids. There was much less shade than I prefer, so I was already pretty heated by the time I found them. Hanging out and talking for a few minutes, when the thin veil of clouds got even thinner, I freaked out and started pointing at the sun, stuttering about how that bright thing was trying to kill me. I had to dash back to my car (lots farther away than was comfortable to "dash"), and wait for them to catch up to me. I was there to take the toddler back to my house for a nap, while they went to their weekly checkup of baby number two. After being in the sun, I thought I might join her for that nap. I didn't, but I should have.

I had my busy day at Rotary, right before I went to pick up Val. As soon as I got her here, I turned on the recording of today's rather stunning hearing, and started cleaning house. She fell asleep to the boring grownup TV show, and I kept working. So many things are happening this summer, and I'm out of time to drag my feet getting my space ready. 

I know I said just yesterday that we are choosing to post fewer photos, but I did get permission to take a couple down by the river today, and I can share one here. I haven't even studied them yet to see which one is best. I can say when you see it, don't stress (as I did at first). That section of recreational pond is slow moving water, barely knee-high on children.

No comments:

Post a Comment