Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Back In Line

Inspirational song: Get Back (v. Billy Preston)

It was quite lovely, hiding from all my doctors through May and June. I mean, I saw the physical therapist a couple times, and checked in with my rheumy once. But other than that, I avoided all clinics. No co-pays. No authorizations. It was great. Alas, once July rolled around, I had to get back in the good graces of all my regulars. I saw my dermatologist last week, and today was neuro for botox in the morning and oncology in the afternoon. I actually saw the NP medical assistant for the oncologist, who I had not managed to meet before. (How?) She asked me how long it had been since my thyroid was looked at (US not blood work), and when I said a year, I knew I was looking at a PCM visit for a referral, and then who knows what. So yeah. Those two months were fun and peaceful, but now I'm back on the wagon, whether I like it or not.

We mostly left our two guests alone for the day. It looks like the one may stay in the area longer than any of us expected, but we don't know whether that means here or elsewhere. We are just going to play it by ear, and be the most easy-going vacation destination in the west.

While I was out trying to spray Miracle-Gro on all my container plants, I got careless. I tugged on the hose while I was standing on the porch steps, and the split-second I felt the tension release, I knew I had made a critical error. I watched in helpless horror as one of the plant stands tipped over and a glazed pot cracked in half over a large rock. I didn't want to go back out, after all I had done today (including several loops around Costco between doctor visits). But this wasn't something I could ignore. I went back to Walmart, to see whether they still had the same pots, and sure enough, they were still there, even in the same spot by the north entrance. Same price, too. Pity. I would have hoped they would have gone on clearance by now. I grabbed one, plus a more stable stand to put it on. I'll fix it in the morning. I got home after dark. I hope everything survives the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment