Saturday, July 30, 2022

Mazel Tov

Inspirational song: I Knew the Bride (When She Used to Rock and Roll) (Nick Lowe)

That was one heck of a party I just left. It's still going on, but I'm wiped out and sitting in the car, waiting for my husband and daughter to finish dancing the Cha-Cha Slide with a whole bunch of people in dinosaur masks. We went to our niece's wedding at Trinity church in downtown Denver, with a reception at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. The whole thing, from start to finish, went off without a single glitch, or it seems that way to this observer. The wedding party were all smiles, the bridesmaid dresses were a flattering forest green (no awful meringues in the lot), and the bride was absolutely radiant. We all recognized as soon as we met her now-husband that he totally is her human. From the speeches we heard during the reception, we know she is his human too.

I don't even know how to condense the day at this point. There was a lot of sensory input. I'm just glad not to be standing, not to be in loud DJ music, and not wearing my shoes that scraped up my heels anymore. But I got to see my in-laws, several of whom I have barely seen in almost 3 years. The buffet food was good, although it had mostly run out when the "kids table" got there. Age had its privileges today.

Valerie danced with her age-peers, several of whom were cousins to her. My daughter and her cousin compared tattoos and plans for future ones. Same daughter also gave me a new (to me) phrase: sunglasses atop the head are a "California tiara." 

I will spend the rest of the ride home sorting photos to see what gets shared. This is assuming I stay awake that long. I will save the one good one I have of the bride and groom until after they've had time to choose what goes online first.

No comments:

Post a Comment