Sunday, July 24, 2022

Decor Inspiration

Inspirational song: You Decorated My Life (Kenny Rogers)

Oh, no. Oh, no no no no... I'm doing I again. I'm watching fall decorating videos and getting ideas. It started as just "clean with me" videos, and then it morphed into these. Now I'm sitting here, watching this adorable young woman with strawberry blonde braids decorate her living room in a Harry Potter theme ("Molly Weasley decorating the burrow for fall"). I already have a new plan for what to do with this stupid faux niche in my living room, and now I'm thinking bigger things. I also know it was suggested to me that I spend a couple of hours in Boulder to keep busy during the Mr's appointment next week, and I may be shopping for fall decor. Wish me willpower.

We had a houseful this morning. The new family of four came over, and our neighbors and foster daughter came to meet Dmitri. Our neighbors had never held a baby, and they were super nervous to take him on. But their child is due around Thanksgiving, so we gave them a nudge and said to practice. They were so cute holding him, marveling at how small and light he was, and how he totally slept peacefully through their whole visit. 

No one left here empty-handed. To the neighbors, we returned a drinking glass that had ended up here weeks ago, and gave them some of the hand-blown brandy snifters that Mr S-P had wound up with while helping a friend sort through her father's estate. I gave another set of the same snifters to foster daughter, as well as returning a stack of tubs containing D&D figurines and other paraphernalia that has clogged up my dining room for months. And for our kids, I gave them half cases of size one diapers and 2T pull-ups, and sent the beloved Elmo potty home with them for Val's practice. I have hope of seeing my entire dining room again soon! If that doesn't improve my mood over yesterday's funk, nothing will.

No comments:

Post a Comment