Saturday, July 16, 2022

Listening

Inspirational song: Couldn't Stand the Weather (Stevie Ray Vaughn)

Our houseguests had quite enough of this whole house fan nonsense. We had to dig out the portable air conditioner, so they could finally sleep soundly. I tried to convince them the room would actually cool off if they left the door open overnight, but they were having none of it. Ah, well. I keep saying, this only lasts a few weeks. Of course, this extended heat wave we are in now appears to be brutal across the entire northern hemisphere, so maybe the rules are different this year.

I didn't end up babysitting today. Our little very pregnant mama is struggling to get through her last few days before birth-day. She called out of work, and I am so glad she is listening to her body. At the same time, my sister-in-law and I decided it was safest, in virus terms, for me to stay home from the bridal shower today, to avoid a potential exposure this close to b-day. These two factors gave me the permission I needed to rest thoroughly. I both needed to recover from the last week, and save up some energy for a big week to come.

I did hold back a picture from yesterday. Once Val had a nap to regain her composure, we had some pleasant hangout time. She sat on the arm of my chair, nibbling on the same mixed nuts that sent her into a tailspin earlier, while we watched YouTube videos on my iPad. She dropped a nut on her shirt, and I'm pretty sure I heard a tiny voice say "sht" as she looked down to find it. Whoops. I guess when I said she is always listening, I meant always always.



No comments:

Post a Comment