Friday, July 22, 2022

Moar Cuddles

Inspirational song: Part of Your World (The Little Mermaid)

I went over to get fresh baby cuddles, while Valerie was napping, so my daughter could do some dishes and tidy her living room. I'm pretty sure I got the best end of that bargain. The tiniest man slept most of the time I was there, nearly all of it in my arms, when he wasn't feeding, spitting up, or demonstrating an impressive talent for sharting in a freshly changed diaper. I did get to make eye contact with him a few times, but I know better than to think he really focused on my face.

I'm still pleased as punch that my daughter's family has grown this way. Those children are so incredibly lucky, and I don't think they know that yet. They could not have found more caring, accepting parents if they had held auditions. These kids will never be told their feelings aren't valid, or that they have to earn some sort of conditional love. They will be secure in their place in the family, and given room to learn what they want out of life. I can't wait to see what sort of creativity they will express as they grow. I bet it will be as unique as they are.

Yes, I know he is wearing a Batgirl onesie. Hand-me-downs are still a thing, especially in newborn size.

No comments:

Post a Comment