Saturday, July 23, 2022

Blue

Inspirational song: Am I Blue (Hoagy Carmichael)

You know what? I'm a little down. I don't mean there is anything wrong physically. I ought to be tired for all I did around here on a hot day, but I feel generally fine, if somewhat ready for it to be bedtime. I mean I'm feeling a bit mopey. I have no idea why. It probably doesn't require deep investigation. It's just a mood. But I'm learning as I'm aging, that it isn't a requirement to be chipper and positive all the time. It's okay to be in my feelings, and today I'm a little lonely and wishing for a hug. While I was home alone, Athena noticed this about me, and came up along the back of the couch, to slink onto my collarbone, and snuggle for all she was worth. Now my pajamas are covered in black fuzz, and I appreciate that there was someone here to offer the hug I wanted.

I don't have much to write about. It was quiet here, other than the series of cleaning inspiration videos I watched as I worked in 5-10 minute bursts to make great strides getting back in order here. The Mr was in the mountains, and the houseguests were out doing their own thing. The animals even stayed out of sight, after they ganged up on me to get up and feed them. The only pictures I took today were of the crew who took turns glaring at me while I tried to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment