Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Mischief

Inspirational song: You're No Good (Linda Ronstadt)

It is a basic fundamental need I have, to go out and try to get in trouble with my daughter every few weeks. More often when we can swing it. Because she was a bit busy last week, having a new baby and all, it has been a while since we went out to wander. Today we let Val stay home, since her naptime rolled around right after I got out of Rotary, and we went out with just Dmitri. It took me a solid ten minutes of wrestling with the smaller baby seat to get it reinstalled and adjusted down to tiny baby height, but I persevered and eventually won. He is still so small that he swims in it, but at least the shoulder straps are snug.

We started by running by a King Soopers, where I dashed in to buy lottery tickets, because for real, over 800 million? We had to try. I'm purposefully not looking whether it was won or rolled over before I go to bed. The best part of those tickets are the dreams you get before throwing the paper in the trash. After that, we went to Target and wandered slowly around about 2/3 of the store. I was hoping for decor items that I never really found, and she needed a couple newborn sized outfits that would work for the tiny man to wear to a wedding. Dmitri was pretty good overall, but he overheated in the stretchy wrap that was holding him against mommy's chest. I got to carry him after that, and he went from bright red all over to normal skin temperature and color rapidly he peeked at me and cooed a time or two, and then right as we approached the clothing section, he pooped forcefully. He was whisked away for a change (thank goodness I was allowed to hand the stinky baby off for that part), and then he decides he was done with shopping and wanted to go have a snack in the car. 

Tomorrow my older daughter comes into town, for a whole week! Surely we can find time around wedding festivities (my niece) and a trip to the cabin, to do a little mischief of our own. It has been far too long. If she lived closed, she would be subjected to the naughtiness much more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment