Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Hoarse and Dry

Inspirational song: Bloody Well Right (Supertramp)

Should I have been around people today? Probably not. Was I? Yes, because the window of opportunity was only open this morning, and it was important to jump through it. We met one of our oldest friends for breakfast, while he is here visiting his parents. Then we drove him back up into the mountains above Boulder to his parents' house, and stayed to catch up. His dad is going through significant health issues, and we have always felt like part of the family when we are up there with them. We needed to check in and assure ourselves that things were as good as they could be.

I had several moments of dry, scratchy coughing, especially while we were up in the mountains. On the way home I stopped at King Soopers for cough drops, and I bought three bags. I've already gone through half of one. They only seem to help while I'm actively working on them. Once they're gone, they're done. I think I need a different approach.

We played D&D tonight. It was super hard to talk as much as I needed to for game play. When the remote folks started dropping off, to put kids to bed or for dead phone batteries, I was happy to stop. I took some actual cough syrup, and I'm waiting to see whether it makes a difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment