Wednesday, October 18, 2023

The Spirit

Inspirational song: Alison (Elvis Costello)

So glad the plan was to take it easy today. After all the go-go-go of the last week, I needed unstructured time. We were slow to shower, slow to leave the house. We didn't make it to brunch until almost 1 this afternoon. We went to Lucile's, stuffed ourselves senseless, and came home to lie around and ignore each other while we bloated and surfed the internet. I mean, we chatted, and occasionally read out memes or news we were scrolling past, but for the most part, this visit by our older daughter is the lowest of low-key. Just what we all needed.

The October birthday string is almost done. Mine went well yesterday. Dad's today was in an unusual setting, but he was being pampered, so that checks out. I heard from my two-day-younger cousin, and I've already wished her a happy birthday for tomorrow. These are my favorite three days of the year, other than the currently elusive weather change day I always talk about. There is another cold front coming through next week, so if a little mist and fog can come with it, my October will be complete.

On the way back over here for game night, the kids stopped at a Spirit Halloween store. I don't know what their plan for costumes is this year. I'm out of the process. I had too much to work on, and I won't be home on Halloween (yay, Eddie Izzard show!) Whatever they choose for Valerie, I think they should also get her the pitchfork she posed with tonight. She already looks like she has her superhero weapon. (The creepy scary look of picture #2 is my favorite.)

No comments:

Post a Comment