Thursday, October 19, 2023

Hot Lamps

Inspirational song: Pinball Wizard (The Who)

I'm no fun anymore. Here I sit, watching a video showing the complex wiring and switches inside a classic mechanical pinball machine from the 1970s. At first I thought, man, it would be cool to have one to play on at home. The longer I watched the video, I started picturing standing until my feet or back hurt. Then I started thinking about how much maintenance would be necessary to keep a 40+ year old machine running well, and I got intimidated. Finally I ended up looking at all the incandescent light bulbs in a classic machine, and I mentally threw up my hands, imagining first the electricity bill and second how hot the room would be where it was stored. I hereby renounce any and all desire to own my own pinball machine.

I made myself sit still all day. I hurt everywhere, my cough tried to come back, and I had zero energy. I needed to rest up to be able to hang out with the kids tomorrow. I needed a huge nap, and I took it with zero regrets. Okay, maybe a few regrets, when I realize that dishes piled up and the trash needs to be taken out, and I didn't handle that today. Tomorrow will be soon enough.

I'll have plenty of fun pictures tomorrow. For now, here are a couple from Wolf Creek Pass that I didn't share over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment