Monday, October 30, 2023

Zs

Inspirational song: Uptown Girl (Billy Joel)

I've been super resistant to using urgent care clinics in the past. I guess it's a result of scare segments on the news. "Ooh, this guy went to urgent care to have a splinter removed, and they charged him $2000." Until today, I really bought into that. But then the Mr enlightened me that our primary care has what amounts to a satellite, same-day clinic over at the Walgreens. All our information is in their computer system, our co-pays are the same. And Walgreens is the only chain pharmacy left in town that Tricare will allow us to use (pretty sure). We both had had enough of passing the same cough back and forth, so we went in one after another to see the nurse practitioner there. He currently has the worse cough, but I have the worse sore throat. It seemed to be enough for the NP to give us Z-packs, tell us to turn the humidifier back on, and not to use Sudafed to dry out nasal passages. He wants us moist not dry. He hinted but didn't outright say long covid, but I got the message that he thought it was possible. I think it was "people are finding more lingering coughs and fatigue," or something along those lines. I just hope it works quickly. I mean, it's only a five day course of meds. Things should be quiet here soon, right?

I had to wait ages for my meds. This was the first time I had gone over there, so they hadn't gotten my insurance right on the pharmacy side. There were extra numbers typed in, and Tricare kicked it back. Once it was done and I was paying my 65 cent co-pay, I asked what it would have been without insurance. She said probably 50 bucks. Ouch. Dumbest medical care system on earth. We are all just profit sources for dudes who own large yachts that come with their own little yachts. Nesting dolls of money hoarding.

Hm. I might be extra grumpy if that is where my "I had a cough" anecdote ended up. Sounds like bedtime to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment